This has been an amazingly draining week. Christina had a high fever Saturday evening, which eventually went away (for good) late Wednesday/early Thursday. She still has a stuffy/runny nose and a cough. She enjoyed her sickness so much she shared it with her teething sister and her busy parents. :( I used to think that taking care of a sick child was hard. But it's nothing compared to taking care of a sick child, a sick/teething child, a sick husband, and a sick self while at the same time trying to cope with rheumatoid arthritis. It's been frustrating; I feel like I'm being put to the test. Just how much can Chrystal endure before she snaps? But in a way, it feels good, too. Paul & I are very much looking forward to the possibilities of 2011, and are striving to be open to God's direction. I have been praying for God to open my eyes and give me peace about a few different possibilities. Sort of asking him if I measure up; to show me if I really do have what it takes. This week has certainly done a fair amount of measuring! Paul helped me a couple nights, but for the most part I feel like I did it on my own, and I did a pretty good job. I kept on top of the laundry, did a few grocery trips, took care of a few errands for Paul, fixed healthy food for myself and my family ...
It feels like God is showing me "You can do this. It will be tough at times, and there will be stress, but through my strength in you, we'll tackle this together."
I'm feeling very peaceful right now. Despite the boogery noses, dry coughs, and slobbery chins. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment